Broadlands School is extremely active in the learning area of Health and PE.
Our facilities are exceptional for a school of our size which include:
- A TigerTurf astroturf marked for netball, hockey, basketball and tennis (new 2015)
- Portable alloy netball goals, tennis net and hockey goals (new 2015)
- Two professional cricket nets
- Professional cricket wicket on the main field
- 15m in-ground swimming pool utilised during Terms’ 1 & 2
- Large playing field
- A very well-equipped PE Shed
We provide a broad, and at times, highly specialised, range of sporting opportunities at all levels. These include involvement in the:
- Sport BOP ‘Go4it’ programme including ‘Swimit’, ‘Hitit’, ‘Passit’, ‘Moveit’, ‘Legit’ & ‘Kickit’
- School and Cluster swimming, athletics and cross country competitions (Cluster events are elite)
- Central BOP Swimming Championship (qualifiers)
- BOP Swimming Championships (qualifiers)
- BOP Cross Country Championships (qualifiers)
- First Tee NZ Golf Programme (sporting virtues-based)
- School Duathlon& Triathlon
- Taupo Ironkidz
- Weetbix Triathlon
- Netball (2), hockey (2) and indoor basketball (2) team fielded each year and coached by parents/caregivers and whanau
- Sport BOP Rippa Rugby Tournament
- Rotorua Netball Association Tournaments
Our Sport BOP Dynamo Leaders organise and lead games at lunch-times twice-weekly
Broadlands School provides vast areas of both natural and sun shade structures to protect the students from the sun’s harsh rays. During the summer months (all of Terms 1 & 2) we have a ‘NO hat, NO play’ policy.
Healthy eating and hygienic behaviours are strongly encouraged.
We are visited annually by the Life Education Trust and our friend Harold the giraffe which provides health education with relationships, the human body, healthy dietary habits and personal hygiene.
Our Virtues also support the forming and sustaining of positive relationships at multiple levels