At Broadlands School, we report to our school community in various ways throughout the year, ensuring that our key stakeholders are well-informed, not only their child’s progress and achievement, but also about our school community.
Our methods of reporting include the following:
- Formal reporting: Year 1 – Progress (After 6 Months): 20 weeks | Achievement (After 1 Year): 40 weeks; Year 2 – Progress (18 Months): 60 weeks | Achievement (After 2 Years): 80 weeks; Years’ 3 – 6 (twice yearly: Mid-Year and End of Year)
- NE/Year 1 Class Blog
- Learners’ Conferences (annual)
- Learners’ Reflection Evening (annual)
- Whānau hui (once yearly or as required if more are needed)
- Open Day & PTA Morning Tea
- Newsletters (Weekly)
- School website which includes Strategic Plans, Annual Plans, Annual Targets & Analyses of Variance and Charter (up-dated annually). The website also includes, amongst many other items, details on a term by term calendar, key Board documents and school curriculum
- School Facebook page
- ‘Open Door’ policy (or by appointment) in person or by email (each teacher has their own school email address)
- School Prize Giving (annual)
- Formal letters (as required) including student inclusion in targeted learning support/interventions and the end of intervention outcomes/achievement
We regularly review reporting procedures in order to improve the quality of the service we provide.